Thursday, April 30, 2009

Privacy, Please!

So, Nate and I live in an apartment where there are NO PETS allowed. As you know, we are the proud parents of two gorgeous kitties. Cats like to sit in windows, which is okay in our apartment, as they can do so without being seen, EXCEPT for in the kitchen window, which of course, they love. In addition to that, it is very easy for the whole world to see into our apartment from that window, so I decided to take action. I installed frosted privacy film. This serves two purposes:

1. No one can see into our apartment, but light can still come through. Now I can keep the blinds open!

2. The cats won't be able to see anything out of the window, so, hopefully, they'll be discouraged from sitting in that window. Yay!

It took me probably about an hour to install. The directions were very clear and easy to follow. I used Gila brand privacy film.

I didn't take pics of my windows, but here is a picture of the before and after of someone else's window. (Mine had the same effect)

BEFORE


AFTER

Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment